Re: Re: wheezy packages problems

Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
Did you run "apt-get update"?

Sure.

Also... I used to get that message a lot about holding packages back..
People talk about "pinning" packages here. I've never done that but it
might be one answer if you've ever actively done that yourself. I
*a-sume* you'd have to unpin something to correct that, but I have no
firsthand experience to base that on.

I don't think I ever did that. For the record, here is my whole /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

Also I have never used unstable or testing, just a long string of stable debians.

gg