Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2016 #417

Tom-That's what I thought too, but I thought someone said earlier that
during the install w/ encryption, Debian would also zero the disk, or
maybe I'm mistaken. As far as the process if I did what your
suggesting and I was going to do, would it work like this...

Boot from USB Live ISO

Run choice zero/random pattern overwrite program

Install from USB Live

lol I know it seems simple and like I should know the answer, but I've
never even fully formatted a HDD myself, never had a reason too
(degaussed one, the only other one I ever used haha had that Compaq
Presario tower for yeaaaars) so I guess I was worried if something
happened to make the system reboot with the HDD completely gone the
BIOS system wouldn't boot from the USB either then. I guess this comes
down to not knowing much about the Bios itself, where it's located and
how it works. It's funny how we pass over the simple things when
learning the bigger things we think are more important haha