Re: Upgrade to Jessie lost all monitor resolutions except 1024x768

Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> writes:

> Another possibility is that Jessie provides firmware your ATI gfxcard
> requires in a separate firmware package that is not installed, or
> maybe the ATI driver package didn't get installed at all.

I manage a bunch of workstations with exactly this issue. I had to
install firmware-linux-nonfree to get X to recognise the Radeon cards in
these machines. Since firmware-linux-nonfree pulls in
firmware-amd-graphics, I suspect installing the latter will be
sufficient for OP.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.