Re: KDE file copy to usb device without file cache

On 03/10/15 18:31, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> If it is about a mounted filesystem, then your question should
> rather be how to properly unmount the device before removing it.
> Unmounting is supposed to flush pending filesystem data.

I would concur here… yanking a removable storage device just after the
host has written to it without first informing the computer that it's
about to lose said device is just asking for it.

Macintosh computers required you to "eject" the media via the OS,
sometimes achieved by dragging the icon for the mounted media to the
"trash".

Windows computers (modern ones) have a system tray icon for "safely
removing" media.

Under KDE, pretty sure removable devices have an "unmount" option when
you right-click on them.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...