Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On Thursday 10 September 2015 13:37:03 Brian wrote:
> > Nonetheless, flashplayer-mozilla works on my desktop and
> > flashplugin-nonfree doesn't.  FOR THIS SPECIFIC CHANNEL.
>
> Intriguing. Are the HAL packages installed?

All the ones you mention plus hal-trinity.   But so has my husband's computer.
He has only the one libflashplayer.so, the mozilla one.

I, on the other hand, have three:
/home/lisi/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/flashplayer-mozilla/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Plus two actually on my computer in some old files belonging to a client.

Reported in iceweasel thus:
 <quote>
 File: libflashplayer.so,libflashplayer.so,libflashplayer.so

    Version: 11.2.202.350
    State: Enabled (STATE_VULNERABLE_UPDATE_AVAILABLE)
    Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
</quote>
And then a table.

My husband has:
<quote>
File: libflashplayer.so
Version: 11.2.202.508
State: Enabled
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
</quote>

So it should be his that is working and mine that is not!
We both have Iceweasel 40.0.3-3~bpo70+1, though they manage to look very
different.

Earlier in this saga, Peter had both flashplugin-nonfree and
flashplayer-mozilla, but as it didn't work I aptitude purged both, then
installed flashplayer-mozilla.

The problem on my husband's computer is that it complains that adblocker
software is installed and working, so won't play.  It isn't.  I have allowed
pop-ups, allowed cookies, cleared the cache.  I am stuck!

Lisi