Re: where is my old mutt?

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 22:01:54 -0500
rlharris@oplink.net wrote:

> In Jessie, /etc/alternatives invokes "mutt-patched" in response to the
> command "mutt".
>
> After several frustrating years using a web-based mail client, I am
> returning to Mutt.  But must I start with Mutt-Patched?  Is there
> anything wrong (including lack of maintenance) with the original
> Mutt? and is the original still available in the Debian archive?
>
> rlh

mutt-patched:
 This package adds the following patches:

 * sidebar: list mailboxes (with new mail) in a separate column on
   screen
 * nntp: NNTP support for mutt
 * multiple-fcc: handle FCC with multiple, comma separated entries

/debmirror/pool/main/m/mutt# ls

mutt-dbg_1.5.21-6.2+deb7u3_amd64.deb
mutt-dbg_1.5.21-6.2+deb7u3_i386.deb
mutt-dbg_1.5.23-3_amd64.deb
mutt-dbg_1.5.23-3_i386.deb
mutt-patched_1.5.21-6.2+deb7u3_amd64.deb
mutt-patched_1.5.21-6.2+deb7u3_i386.deb
mutt-patched_1.5.23-3_amd64.deb
mutt-patched_1.5.23-3_i386.deb
mutt_1.5.21.orig.tar.gz