Re: OpenVPN doesn't restart after sleep

On 15/04/15 13:32, lukn555 wrote:
> Hi Tony
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I suffered the same but I only just found out
> how to fix this:
>

> Add the following script to /lib/systemd/system-sleep (in case you are
> using systemd):
>
> $ cat /lib/systemd/system-sleep/openvpn.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> case "$1" in
>         post)
>                 /bin/systemctl restart openvpn
>                 ;;
> esac
>

> or the following script to /etc/pm/sleep.d in case you are still using
> sysv init:
>
> $ cat /etc/pm/sleep.d/99openvpn
> #!/bin/bash
> case "$1" in
>         resume|thaw)
>                 /etc/init.d/openvpn restart
>                 ;;
> esac
>

> Of coure in either case the script has to be executable (chmod +x)
>
> hope this helps
> regards
> lukn

Thanks for your reply. It certainly helps; but I was already aware that
restarting OpenVPN was aa effective work-around. I hadn't got round to
doing it programatically, though.

However, whilst the work-around is effective, I would rather find out
what the underlying problem is, and correct that. If that fails, then,
yes, I'll use your script. So thanks very much!

--
Tony van der Hoff  | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Ariège, France     |