Re: 3rd new wheezy install

Gene Heskett wrote:
> This time I just let it do its own multiple partition thing.

Would you be so kind as to share the partition details?

  parted /dev/sdb unit s print

Then we would be able to see how it turned out.  I assume in the above
you were using a single disk sdb as you were before?

> When the install was done, every other disk partitioner we have
> reports that the partition boundaries are out of sync with the 4k
> sectors of this drive.  Both beginning and ending.

This makes me suspicious.  Perhaps those other tools are actually
wrong?  They might be!

> The point of this is that gparted is now moving data at nominally 160 to
> 180 megabytes a second of combined read and writes, so I have to assume
> I've hit the correct geometry for this partition.

That does support the idea that the debian-installer did the right
thing and that "every other disk partitioner we have" is reporting
something wrong. :-)

Bob