Re: How to Switch Between Gnome and KDE

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 08:43:51PM -0700, ray wrote:

> Great, thank you.  I can now switch.  I was hoping to see a change.
> For example, I understand the Gnome has the date and menu at the top
> and KDE at the bottom of the screen.  After switching to KDE and
> rebooting, I see a new log in window, but when I get to the desk top,
> nothing is different from Gnome.  The menus are also the same.

That sounds like you have switched your display manager but not your
desktop environment. What did you do to change to KDE? When you select
an alternative environment to log in to the change should be apparent as
soon as you log in, you shouldn't need to reboot.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Debian Hint #34: If you want to track Debian sid and have a small download
quota or a really slow connection, check out the debdelta package.