Re: About to format the whole laptop, need some partitioning advice.

> Don't give up yet.  Have you a friend who could let you look at your
> hard-drive yourself?

I have got a friend's laptop (Dell) right now in my room, so I am thinking of
removing my hdd and putting that hdd on the dell laptop and trying to
get into a linux boot using the hdd.

> And, sorry to seem slow, but why would a messed up hard drive prevent
> access to the BIOS?  Now a faulty motherboard could, and it is not
> unheard of for repairs to fail to function.

If I remove the hdd and boot the laptop, I can go into the bios easily.

> Heartbreaking.  I really feel for you.  But don't give up yet.
> Formulate a question or series of questions using the advice that
> David gave you and see what this list can come up with.  There are
> those here who are quite simply magicians.

Yes I agree, guys here can simply just do anything at all.
Truly ingenious! I will keep on reporting what I am doing.
Thanks
--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav