Re: unable to install stardict

Le 05/01/2014 18:31, Vincent Lefevre a écrit :
> On 2014-01-04 15:41:19 -0500, Jeff Bauer wrote:
>> On 01/04/2014 01:38 PM, Slavko wrote:
>>> Dňa Sat, 04 Jan 2014 17:57:42 +0100 François Patte
>>> <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> napísal:

>>> The StarDict's development seems to be ended.
>>>

>> Five or more years ago when still enamored with Puppy Linux, I discovered
>> that Puppy's PBDict was just a gooey GUI wrapper for the application dict.
>> Deciding to forego the clumsy GUI and mouse, I started just issuing "dict
>> foo" in a terminal. Since then, first with Arch, and Debian, dict is perhaps
>> one of my most frequently used apps.
>>
>> Another thing I did was to install dictionary databases locally, as I was
>> virtually crippled when dict.org's servers were offline.
>
> There aren't French dictionaries for dict, while IIRC there's one
> for StarDict. That may be the reason why the OP wants StarDict.

I want stardict because goldendict is not nice too much: mant accented
characters or characters with diacritical marks are not well displayed
and sometimes not displayed at all: I can see a question mark instead...

But, I cannot install stardict and I cannot install anything at that
time because a bug in ruby returns systematically:

/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/debian.rb:24:in `require': no such file to
load -- debian_version (LoadError)
	from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/debian.rb:24
	from /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs:269:in `require'
	from /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs:269
E: Le sous-processus /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || exit 10 a renvoyé un
code d'erreur (10)
E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || exit 10

I cannot even upgrade my system!

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique