Re: apt-get vs. aptitude

> What is the prefered tool for installing on the CLI? apt-get or
> aptitude? Last time I read about it, it was aptitude, due to better
> dependency checking. What is the current state? apt-get or aptitude?
> Does it matter? What about using both?

I should notice that you cannot compare apt-get and aptitude. But you
can do it for aptitude and APT utilities.

I find aptitude somtimes inadequate, and therefore dangerous in some
cases. I met situations when aptitude completly broke functioning of
APT. APT utilities in their turn are simpler, and they are more
preferred to manage packages.

But although aptitude can break APT, APT could not break aptitude's
working, so you always can use it in order to use its searching
abilities. I do so.