Re: No auto-detection of SD cards with Wheezy any more

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013, Max Montauk wrote:

> Since my Debian system has been upgraded from Squeeze to Wheezy the
> insertion of SD cards into the "Delock 91628 USB 2.0 CardReader 3.5 57
> in 1" is not detected any longer. Just during the boot process the
> detection still works, confer the content of /var/log/messages:
>
> Jul  2 14:33:48 max kernel: [    2.873082] scsi 4:0:0:0:
> [big snip]
>

> But now, with Wheezy the system does not respond at all when a card is
> inserted.

I had to write udev.rules to get my card reader and USB thumb drives to
automount and unmount on Wheezy. However, my system was custom built
from a basic install.  I have no desktop environment that usually
handle mounting, etc. Just a window manager -- Openbox -- and LXPanel.