Re: PulseAudio sound issues

[…]

 > 1. How can I debug this problem?  I'd like to file an appropiate bug
 > on the corresponding bug tracker.

	While I'm not a PulseAudio user myself, some of those I know use
	it, so I'm somewhat interested in that, too.

	(Thanks to Darac Marjal for his hints on P-A debugging elsewhere
	in this thread, BTW.)

[…]

 > I'm a software developer myself, and I can't help keep asking myself,
 > why is PulseAudio an strong dependency on Gnome?  What advantages
 > does PulseAudio gives me as a user over good ol' ALSA?

	I remember playing with both GNOME and KDE back in 2000 or so.
	Honestly, I still don't get what advantages do they give to me
	over the good old “bunch of X applications” approach.

	(Though I've discovered somewhat recently that there're a few
	interesting Qt-based applications in Debian.  Previously,
	anything depending on Qt was out of consideration for me.)

--
FSF associate member #7257