Re: Poll - What Smartphone do you use?

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 01:45:38AM -0400, shawn wilson wrote:
> On May 5, 2011 11:19 PM, "Freeman" <hewho7@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:35:39PM -0700, giovanni_re wrote:
> > >
> > > =
> > > So, today's poll is:
> > >
> > > What Smartphone do you use?
> > >

> > Android maybe just got a few points against it in my estimation.
> >

> Ya know, I see commercials when I surf the web, solicitations in my mailbox,
> and crap on the news. I try to scrutinize what I see as much as possible.
>
> The point is that Google put Android out as an open source mobile operating
> system (great marketing). This is sorta true - there's an open source kernel
> and components. However, this ain't linux, bsd, xfree86 or anything else you
> might think of as floss.
>
> It would be sorta dickish to say 'you don't have to use it' and sorta untrue
> (Android has most of the smartphone market in the us and soon the world, so
> you'll probably run into Android like Windows on a pc). Instead, I would
> advise that you look at your options. I moved from a flip phone to a palm to
> an iPhone to an Android. I never thought that any of them would be open.
> Maybe next I'll get a windows phone - that's as open as Android imo.
>
> Ps - how is Android related to debian anyway?... just curious if this is
> still topical.

Well, there are discussions about bash and nano on
d-community-offtopic@lists.debian.org .  So maybe we are going to do a polar
reversal like the magnetic poles of Earth have occasionally done.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody