Re: download manager

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
On 2011-03-04 02:40:35 ZHAO Lina wrote:
>I tried the kget.
>
>can it be interactive.

Yes.  But, I think you might try being less terse (and consequently more
verbose).  Asking questions about specific interactions will probably get you
more useful information.

http://www.springerlink.com.ezlibproxy1.ntu.edu.sg/content/23j63676550n0q45/fulltext.pdf
This is the link,
which need username and password.
when I use kget, it's just stopped.

>such as some webs needs username and passwd for authentication,
>
>how to set up this?

If they are using HTTP authentication, then put your username/password in the
URL you give to KGet.  It's like http://username:password@host/path/to/file.

If they are using HTML Forms + Cookies for authentication, just login to the
site with Konqueror first.  Konqueror and KGet use the same cookie jar.

I don't know it's HTTP or HTML authentication.
I haven't installed the Konqueror and no attempts to install it.

Can it be set up in kget interface interface, I tried Settings but not work.

Thanks,

lina
-

-
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                   ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy         `-'(. .)`-'
http://iguanasuicide.net/                    \_/