Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

On Vi, 04 mar 11, 16:31:05, Bret Busby wrote:

> I tried installing the 64 bit one, and it does not proceed past the
> "Configure package manager"
>
> Every mirroor that I tried, in Australia, and, in the USA, returned
> "Bad Archive Mirror".

And the internet connection is working without a problem from within the
installer? Try using a console (Ctrl+)Alt+F1 and 'ping google.com'
should tell you if everything is ok.

Possible problem: some network cards (especially wireless) need non-free
firmware, which is not included in the official images.

Regards,
Andrei