Re: Intermittent internet since upgrading to squeeze

Yesterday while browsing on the machine running Squeeze, at first
things appeared to be working normally.

But suddenly, some web sites could not be loaded, and others could not
be reloaded.  At first, I suspected a DSL outage, but then I
discovered that I could ping some common URLs, but not others.

I switched to the machine running Lenny, and found everything running
normally.

The problem disappeared once I rebooted the Squeeze machine.

The system is Debian i386, ADSL with dynamic ip, firmware router,
separate ethernet switch, ups.

RLH