Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

Bret Busby wrote:
Hello.

To try to install Debian 6, I downloaded, as advised on the Debian web site, the Debian 6 netinst iso file, wrote it to a CD, and tried to install Debian 6, using it.

However, the computer on which I tried to install it, did not boot from the CD.

I have previously installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, from a CD, on that computer, without any problem.

Is the Debian 6 netinst iso, not installabe, or, not bootable?

Debian is probably the most installable distro there is, I install it on all kinds of computers mac and pc.

Do you use the F10 or maybe the F12 key to choose the boot device? Did you check the md5sum of the download or verify you have a good burn? Maybe you have finger prints on the outside edge of the cd?

It's not a Live CD like Ubuntu and after doing the netinstall you will also need to know what software you want/need to install, the netinstall will give an internet connection and the base install only.
--
Jimmy Johnson

SimplyMEPIS 11.0 Beta-2 at sda12
Registered Linux User #380263