Re: Strange problem with DNS resolving on Squeeze

Andrew Wood put forth on 12/3/2010 3:00 PM:
> Im experiencing strange DNS resolution problems with a Squeeze desktop
> system on our simple LAN which has an internal DNS server for local
> hosts, and which also proxies DNS requests for  public IP addresses
> needed by internal clients.
> Im totally perplexed by this. Anyone got any ideas?

Yes, turn off SELinux/AppArmor and all iptables rules and see if that helps.

AFAIK, all of the applications you mentioned use the same resolver
library.  If some applications (host) work, and others (ssh, firefox)
don't, then it seems clear that something is interfering with the
library calls from the failing applications.

--
Stan