Re: undefined symbol for pango_language_get_default in lenny upgrade

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 23:45:26 -0400, Mauricio Lin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After upgrading my dist from etch to lenny I got problems with GTK applications.
>
> When I try to run any GTK application the following error is displayed
> in the terminal:
>
> symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> pango_language_get_default
>
> For example, this error happens to synaptic, gedit, icedove and gnome
> desktop as well.
>
> Is there any solution for that? What would be the procedure for that?

pango_language_get_default is defined in /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0,
which is part of the libpango1.0-0 package. Which version of this
package is installed on your system? You can check this by running

dpkg -l libpango1.0-0

in a terminal. A fully up-to-date Lenny system should have version
1.18.3-1. (Just post the output of this command to this list if you are
not sure what it means; we can have a look then.)

My guess is that your upgrade is incomplete, so you should also tell us
which package manager and which command or menu option you used to
perform this upgrade.

          Florian   |