Re: etch : system hangs

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Mridul Manohar Mishra wrote:

Hi,
  I am using following configuration as my hardware -:
PIII 700 MHz
128 MB SDRAM
no graphics card

It shows 5080 as free.
I am using debian 4.0 and it's my first time with debian based distro. I am
facing a weird problem. My system either hangs or screen gets filled with
vertical coloerd lines (like thin copper wires). Previously I thought It was
related to gnome so i switched to xfce but the problem remains. This occures
every now or then randomly.
I a not sure whether it's a hardware or software problem and how to
catagorise this problem in either of them. Can anyone please help me out?

Thanx,
Mridul

Run memtest86 and see if the memory is good?