Re: Virtual Machines/Emulators

There's a Live CD based on Mandriva which has Virtualbox built-in. RAM
requirements are bound to be very hefty, but 1 GB should be enough.

http://mcnlive.org ("Virtual City" build).

On 07.08.2007 at 2:22 Mike McCarty wrote:

>Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>> Mike McCarty wrote:
>>
>>> I recently developed a desire to run some emulators under Linux,
>>> and consequently have run some of them. Here are my opinions of them,
>>> based on install, ease of use, and speed of emulation.
>
>[snip]
>

>> Did you run kqemu with qemu?
>
>No, I couldn't get it to build for me.

>I tried VirtualBox, and found it impossible to install on my machine.
>It won't build. The build errors are rather obscure. I looked at the
>"log" file they say should contain information, but here is the
>head of the log file

>Mike

     Not far from here, by a white sun, behind a green star, lived the
Steelypips, illustrious, industrious, and they hadn't a care: no spats
in their vats, no rules, no schools, no gloom, no evil influence of the
moon, no trouble from matter or antimatter -- for they had a
machine, a dream of a machine, with springs and gears and perfect
in every respect. And they lived with it, and on it, and under it, and
inside it, for it was all they had -- first they saved up all their atoms,
then they put them all together, and if one didn't fit, why they
chipped at it a bit, and everything was just fine...

-- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"