Re: Opinions XFS

On 08/03/2007 10:37 PM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
--- El Vie 03 Ago 2007, michael@estone.ca encontró un teclado y tipeó lo siguiente:
mi: XFS and grub do not work nicely together, therefore you'll need /boot mi: mounted with EXT3, everything else can be XFS, even / .
mi:

And What about lilo?

Most probably, LILO will work with any filesystem that Linux can use because LILO creates a load map that allows the LILO bootloader to operate independently of the filesystem.

I haven't tested it, but I can't see any reason why LILO wouldn't work with XFS or any other filesystem. Just remember to always do "/sbin/lilo" after any changes to /etc/lilo.conf, the kernel, message file, splash image, or any other file that LILO needs to boot.