Re: Problems w. Promise SATA300 TX2plus PDC40775

Dear Lukas,

Now I installed Debian Etch (testing distribution) which comes with a 2.6.15
kernel and everything is working with no additional drivers as you said.

I unplugged my "old" IDE hard disks and used the Etch network CD installation,
the system installed on the SATA HD and now boots from it with grub. My
hardware is an Athlon XP 2000+ with Asus motherboard.

The Sarge distribution does not provide kernels newer than 2.6.8. I did not
manage to install the 2.6.15 kernel from Etch distribution in Sarge because of
unresolved dependencies.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cédric.