Re: I recieve spam "Debian security."

Hi Gene,

Unfortunatly I am Off-Line curently  and must download my Message
via an Internet Cafe.  But however, I allready do such stuff.

Becasue My laptop is not fast enough, to fetch the messages and do
online-scanning (I get 1600-3500 messages per day) I do it at home.
next day, back in the Internet Cafe, I bomb the abuse Adresses,
Postmaster and many others with there own BS.

Each day I send around 200-400 Messages to abuse, rfc-ignorant and
RBL's...

I hope, there are more peoples which do such things and as you say,
ADSL-users with permanent connections should do such stuff...

IF there are ONLY 1000 subscribers on <lists.debian.org> which have
a permanent ADSL conenction and can do it...

        THINGS WILL CHANGE!!!

Note:   Maybe next week I am back On-Line.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

Am 2006-04-03 21:02:31, schrieb Gene Heskett:
> On Monday 03 April 2006 19:44, Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 08:27:56AM +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> >> That's what we call the petsupermaket spammer.
> >
> >Maybe we need a FAQ entry or something for this.
>
> By now its the top item in the FAQ at most of these linux related lists,
> this is not a single event by any means.
>
> And procmail is the recommended medication, just sort to /dev/null.
>
> The worst of that is the effect on people subscribed over a POTS, and
> paying by the minute.  It seems to me that enough pressure from the rbl
> lists on this planet would fix it, but its apparently had zero effect.
>
> If someone could come up with procmail recipe that automaticly sent it
> to half a dozen rbl listers everytime it was triggered, I expect the
> response from uol.com.br would be pretty immediate.  Those of us on dsl
> connections could save the POTS folks millions in line charges for
> downloading their crap.
>
> So all you procmail chefs out there, here's your challenge.  What?  I
> can't hear you, yet...

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi