Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 01:28:58AM -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> Is the crossassassin something specific to d-u or is it used for all the
> lists on lists.debian.org? I ask because, some lists like debian-www
> receive much more spam from non-subscribers than the amount of
> "non-subscriber spam" received by d-u.

Crossassassin works by calculating message hashsums and dumping things
that look like they've been cross-posted too much.

All of our lists run it, but it's less effective on lists that have a
different audience than the rest. For example, the debian-www list, as
there will be fewer messages cross-posted from that list to others.

Cheers,

Pasc

--
Pascal Hakim                                          0403 411 672
Do Not Bend