Re: wpasupplicant_0.4.8-1 problem

Hello L.V.Gandhi!

> > Yepp! I think that the delete from /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf is an small
> > misfortune but in the default file you can set the path using the config
> > variable.
> >
> > I copy the config file back from dpkg-bak and set in following new
> > parameter in /etc/networking/interface:
> > wpa_conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
> >
> > restart networking and it works again. If you use netenv maybe you have
> > to set networking on the NETENV_RUN_INIT_SCRIPTS parameter. This is what
> > i have to do. More see here: http://www.zolnott.de/laptop/ibm-t43-uc34nge.html
> > topic wlan
> Thanks for the response. I added that line in
> /etc/networking/interface and copied  dpkg-bak  for
> wpa_supplicant.conf. Still it is not working. Home net has wep. It is
> in wpa_supplicant.conf. But it is not getting connected. The site you
> mentioned says wep is put in  /etc/networking/interface file. Hence
> for wep, should i think wpa_supplicant.conf is not useful. whether
> your system has wep? How do you handle it?
I use at home wep but my parents have wep. And you can run wep with
wpasupplicant. Or you write the parameter direct into the interface
file. It is describe on my website (link above).

But: is wpasupplicant running or not? If not there must be another
error. For example wrong writing. Or on the wrong place. Did you run wep
with wpasupplicant? Or only with interface?

CU

  Michael

--
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43: