how to get track info in audio cd using cdrecord

Hi,

I have been trying to get tracks information (same as CD text?) in
backup copies of my audio CDs but haven't been successful.

What I do is:
1. Copy the audio CD wav files using grip. This uses cdda2wav to rip the
files with this command:
$> usr/bin/cdda2wav -D ATAPI:%c -x -t %t  -L 0 -vall -O wav %w
where %c is /dev/cdrom.

2. This gives me .wav and .inf files. Now, I guess grip or cdda2wav
makes an appropriate entry in ~/.cddb directory for the CD using it's CD
ID tag.

3. In the .inf files that I get, I mostly do not get the track info from
the original CD. So I edit each .info file put in the title and performer.

4. After this, if I burn tracks to a blank cd using cdrecord, I still do
not get the track information on the new CD:
cdrecord -v blank=fast  dev=/dev/hdd -eject -pad -dao -audio -useinfo *.wav

So, [rip audio disk and edit .inf files]->[burn wav tracks to blank cd
using -useinfo]-> problem getting cd track info.

What I am doing wrong? It appears that "-useinfo" only checks
freedb.freedb.org and if it doesn't find the CD online, it doesn't write
any track info at all. If this is the way it is, how I force it to look
at my ~/.cddb to get the track info, or how do I force it to look for
the track info in the .inf files corresponding to each .wav file?

thanks,
->HS