Re: KDE Clarification

David R. Litwin wrote (Friday 02 September 2005 1:44 pm):
> > The way I understand the current status, the answer is "No, KDE 3.4.2 is
> > not
> > ready to be installed on Sid." The ABI transition is still underway and
> > it looks like many 3.4.2 packages have been uploaded, but some still have
> > not been, so it's still a little early to try upgrading.
>
> I assume, then, that the message *Qt, aRts and KDE C++ ABI transitions:
> time to upload your packages *does not apply and / or that this is for
> Maintainers.?

It applies to maintainers. It's urging them to upload new versions of their
packages that depend on newer KDE and C++ ABI stuff. Not all of them have
been uploaded yet so, naturally, not all of them can be downloaded by you
yet. This is what's causing all the conflicts and things you are seeing in
synaptic.

Peace,
Brendon