Re: RAM information

On (02/02/05 09:09), Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 13:16 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've a Compaq laptop with 256mb RAM (266mhz). I'm planning to add more
> > RAM into it.
> > Can I add another 512mb (266mgz) RAM from some other vendor, say
> > kingston or samsung ??
> > Will a combination of  512 and 256 make conflicts ???
>
> Companies that specialize in selling RAM would have that information.
Check www.crucial.com they have a wizard that detects your hardware and
recommends memory to suit - they also have a download for Belarc which
provides a lot of detailed info on your setup.  Unfortunately both of
these are windows apps ;(

In the UK crucial's service is really good.  We've bought quite a lot
from them and when we had to change a stick that we'd ordered by mistake
they exchanged it immediately.

Regards

Clive

--