Re: installer with kernel 2.6.8 ?

Has there been any further info on this? I too have just done a (very cumbersome - install onto IDE, build kernel with 3w-9xxx, transfer install to RAID arrays) install onto a 9000 card and would love to be able to build myself a customised installer for the next time I have to do it.

I found some informations here : http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianInstallerBuild and http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianInstallerModify, but it doesn't work. Maybe not enought explanations for dummies.

I agree, I found alot of the things listed here *very* terse and presume you know alot about how d-i works. Whilst I understand it's primarily for devs, the 3ware 9000's are the only RAID cards I have available and without the ability to install straight onto one I'm kinda stuck.