Re: Unmount Question

On Thursday 02 September 2004 09:32 pm, Steven Feinstein wrote:
> I have an NTFS drive that I mount as ReadOnly.  I have found that when I
> use Konqueor to browse the drive and then exit Konqueor, I am not allowed
> to unmount the drive.  I get the error "device is busy".
>
> I close all apps, but I can't find a way to be allowed to unmount the
> drive. This seems to only occur through Konqueor.

If you have a look, (maybe ps aux|grep slave) you'll probably find some kind
of ioslave process still running, keeping it busy.  Killing it might free it
up.

Just a guess, really.  I've noticed KDE has problems with ioslaves of various
flavors getting stuck like this.  Usually no real harm comes of it, but it
can be annoying.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/