Re: sarge?

> This is exactly what I posted about before: the "make the user do the
> work and defeat the purpose of a unified distribution" non-solution.

I'm a newbie to debian (although not to unix or programming). I'm sorry to see the debian world seems to be in such crisis. What would be a practical approach to making things better? More people working on bugs in 'testing'? If so, how best to achieve that: active solicitation during install? periodic exhortations on debian-user? make the 'Help Debian' link a more obvious on the front page of debian.org? put a bulletized list of ways to help at the top of the main 'Help Debian' page? etc, ...

Kevin Murphy