Re: Can no longer use ctrl-alt-del in new X - bug or feature?

In linux.debian.user, R E Riding (reriding@xmission.com) wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:00:25 +0200, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
>> I've just installed X from Sarge and find that ctrl-alt-del no longer
>> does anything, nor does ctrl-shift-f1 take me to a text terminal. To
>> access a text terminal I have to close down X completely. Is this a bug,
>> a feature, or do I have something misconfigured?
>
> You might fire up xkeycaps to see if F1 for example includes the
> keysym "XF86_Switch_VC_1".  This seems to be a problem with the
> kbd extension for recent versions of X, and can be solved with
> xmodmap.

Any way in which to get the ability to switch consoles, but still keep
Xemacs functionaily, that you know of?

PS - please respond to the list, not to the linux.debian.user
newsgroup - barely no-one will see your messages if you send it just
to the newsgroup.

Disclaimer: This post owned by the owner