Re: ghost-like programs for Linux platform - bingo !!!

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> On 2004-03-02, j smith penned:
> > ghost for Windows can copy files in an partition exactly. is there any
> > Linux programs similar to ghost?
> >

> In my personal experience, ghost does *not* always copy the files in a
> partition exactly.  If at all possible, keep backups when using it.

bingo !!!!

and neither does anyother app ...
	- disk surfaces are not perfect either
	a good 512 byte sector can be copied to a bad 512 sector on
	the targe and now you're screwed ... youwont know till
	you need that partiticular "abc" in that file occupying the
	full 512 byte sector

== always use backups :-)

c ya
alvin