Is there another way to do apt-get dist-upgrade with a slow internet connection?

Hi

I use Knoppix 3.2 at home.
I have an extreemly slow dial up connection to the NET from here.
However, the speed in my office is super fast.

One option to do a dist-upgrade would be to take the computer to the office
and do it over the week-end, but I was wondering if there was an alternative
to that..

Something on the lines off downloading the files in the office and copy on a
CDROM. Then tell apt-get to look for the dist-upgrade from the CDROM..

Is this doable?
Any tips / advice on which software to download or man page to read?

Regards

Rishi