Re: php4-gd2

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 01:02, Andrew Pritchard wrote:
> I've been trying unsuccessfully to get the gd graphics library working on my
> 'testing' box. I did apt-get install php4-gd as suggested by others on the
> list previously, but it doesn't appear to work. I checked the apache log
> file and found this:
>
> PHP Warning:  Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php4/20020429/gd.so' - /usr/lib/php4/20020429/gd.so: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
>
> Not surprising it can't find it - for some reason the gd.so file is in
> /usr/lib/php4/20010901.
>
> How do I correct this? Has anyone else come across the same problem? I've
> tried Googling, but no results helped

Well, I can't really help you on getting it to the right place, but you
should have a php.ini file somewhere (probably /etc, but I can't be
certain since I don't use the debian package), do a search in that for
gd.so and set the path to the right one.

Jon

--

Jon Wood

jon@jellybob.co.uk
www.godaintpants.co.uk/users/Jellybob

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."