Logrotate and mail

I have a question regarding the use of logrotate.

I rotate syslog, apache/error.log, and auth.log weekly. I would like to have
the old logs e-mailed, then compressed.
As such, I am using the 'mail' command. However, can I use mail to mail a
log to a system user? That is, a user
specified in /etc/passwd? Furthermore, might I be able to mail a log to an
entire group (from /etc/group)? Or can the mail
command only be used to e-mail a log to an actual e-mail address? I've
searched online without luck.

One other question regarding logrotate. Suppose I have a set of rules for
/var/log/apache/*, followed by a rule set
for /var/log/apache/error.log. Will both be applied, ala iptables style?
(first one, then the other) Or will only one be used,
while the other is discarded? What is the default behavior in these cases?
Thanks!

Adar Dembo