Re: (OT) non-proprietary software merits

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls <ke6slsalt1@home.com> wrote:

Today in CIS class, we talked about how software is kind of dangerous if it isn't proprietary. Also mentioned was Shareware, Freeware and Public Domain.
(snip)
If you have some good info that you wouldn't mind sharing with me privately, I would really like to collect a sample and present it to both my current instructor and the staff of my college. I am not currently subscribed to

I think the article "Linux in Higher Education" might be an excellent starting point, and especially well adapted to your situation.

http://www2.linuxjournal.com/articles/currents/017.html

Good luck

Carlos