Re: smbfs help

Sunny Dubey wrote:

hey,

On a win2k machine, I have the "d drive" shared as a share called SEC. However when I try to mount the drive on linux (using the following command) it just says failed ...

bash-2.05# mount -t smbfs -o username=family,password=family //main/sec /mnt/smb/
1025: Connection to main failed
SMB connection failed

I've seen similar behaviour when using smbmount (instead of the plain mount command). Generally I've overcome it by changing the WORKGROUP setting in /etc/samba/sbm.conf to match the domain of the W2K box. I believe you can alternatively specify the domain on the command line of smbmount. Perhaps you can do something similar with the mount command.

<snip>

Sunny Dubey
nyc