Re: Helix Gnome vs Debian Gnome -- worth the upgrade?

Hi there,
         There certainly are debs on Helix's web site, works fine on
potato, there supposedly for woody. You will get one unresolved
dependancy, just sort this via 'apt-get install' from the woody archive. I
believe it's guile6? And, yes I think it's worth the upgrade! I had one
problem with gdm but you can just do a 'update-rc.d -f gdm remove' to fix
this! Anyway I prefer to start X from a command prompt so's I can specify
the colour depth.

HTH JohnG

John Gould - Systems Support Engineer
Power Innovations Limited
Tel: +44 1234 223002 email: johng@powinv.co.uk

No Windows here, 's very dark!
32865e97b5342e762ab140e00f3da23b - Just 'Debian'