Re: svgalib and ATI Rage 128

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 09:59:40PM +0000, José Luis Gómez Dans generated a stream of 1s and 0s:
> Hi!
> 	I have so far been experiencing erratic svgalib behaviour.
> Basically, if I call something like zgv, I get the following message:
> c172d
> Int 0x10 is not in rom (0000:0000)
> No VESA bios detected!
> Try running vga_reset.
> and zgv (or whatever) runs in VGA mode, instead of SVGA mode.

Don't know about 128 cards, but can share my experience with old RagePro. SVGAlib did not have Mach64 support until recently so it wasn't working for me at all. Also RagePro cards are not VESA 2.0 compliant, so until recently SVGAlib was useless to me. ATI has been uptight about their specs until a few months ago. My suggestion - if you can buy what's supported so that others start thinking about supporting Open Source.