X-Configuration for NEC XE21

Thanks to Shawn, Marcin and Howard who replied to my question regarding X
configuration scripts & documentation. With their help X is up and looking
sharp. However, I am having a little trouble matching my desktop to my
screen size. At work, where I am conducting these lofty experiments, I am
using an Hitachi 751 19" monitor and, although X performs well enough, I am
left with a 3/4" band of black screen around my desktop - seemingly without
regard to what settings I choose. My video card is a Diamond 3D 2000 which
is a listed card in XF86Setup. With RedHat I have been able to select the
Non-Interlaced Custom monitor and that spread the desktop out to the edges
of my screen. Non-Interlaced is an option with the Debian XF86Setup script
but that setting fails to solve the problem. Once I bring this Linux box
home it will connect to a NEC XE21, so if anyone has any tips for
configuring X for that monitor I'd be all ears. BTW, I use an omniview both
at work and at home so readjusting the monitor horizontal and vertical
sizing won't work because that would simply throw the settings on the other
PCs out of whack.

Kind regards,

Hagen Finley
Longs Drugs