New to debian - adding a disk drive

Hello group,

I am very new to debian (mostly redhat). I have a server that
is becoming more in need of disk spaces. I want to add
a new hard drive. The hardware guy has added the hard drive
and I want know a step by step process to get debian to
recognize the hard drive. To sum it up, I need help with
the following:

1) The steps in using fdisk and fstab under debian to add the
new drive.
2) I have the home directory on another partition and I would like
some thoughts on how best to spread /home across the two drives.

Any help at all would be most appreciated.

Thanks to all.

#Joseph Norris (Perl - what else is there?/HP3000/Linux/CGI/Msql)
print @c=map chr $_+100,(6,17,15,16,-68,-3,10,11,16,4,1,14,-68,12,1,14,8,
-68,4,-3,-1,7,1,14,-68,-26,11,15,1,12,4,-68,-22,11,14,14,5,15,-90);