Re: Segmentation Fault

*- On  2 Jan, Rik Burt wrote about "Segmentation Fault"
> I have the slink version of debian installed an a second hard drive and it
> was working quite well.  At the start of December I recompiled the kernel as
> I had added a SCSI device to my system and as the kernel was compiling I got
> an error "Segmentation Fault."  These messages are becoming increasingly
> more common.  Last night I was looking at going to potato but apt-get update
> kept breaking and saying "Segmentation Fault".  This is making my Linux
> experience miserable.  I have been reading everything I have but can not
> determine if this is a Software or Hardware problem.  Any one else ever had
> this.

Sounds like a hardware problem, most likely bad memory.  Take a look at
the Sig11 page and see if the info on there helps you find the problem.
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.