Setting up mrtg (for a home)

I'm trying to setup mrtg for a home to watch the modem connection and
networks in the house, but have not been able to figure out how. I guess
my main question is what to do for cfgmaker, I have no idea how to tell it
to watch a certain device. Quick info on our setup: We have one computer
which is present on every network, running debian and ipchains, which
masqerades all outgoing packets through its ppp connection, which is what
we would like to monitor (and the actual network interfaces as well if
possible).

thanks!
--
Chris Frost  |  <http://www.frostnet.advicom.net/chris/>