Re: HELP: Installing Debian in a Bussines

ranty@soon.com wrote:
> What I think he needs:
>
>  A PICK interpreter or so.
>  Something to convert the old data.
>  Some program to later on replace that PICK interpreter?
>  Probably some way to keep both systems in parallel.

That sounds like a pretty complete list.  However, it's likely to be a
significant effort! (Gawd, PICK. Makes me feel old & I just turned 30).

You biggest challange is likely to be finding a PICK interpreter.  IIRC,
there used to be a dual universe system running PICK over SCO or something
similar, but I've no idea where you'd try to find such a beast.  I'd suggest
you try Fujitsu first... they'll probably want to sell you something but you
might get some useful information.

Stephen
---
"Normality is a statistical illusion." -- me