Re: Stop rc5v2 client, Bovine team won 56 bit secret key challenge!

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Britton wrote:

> Nor mine, though I didn't look that carefully.  There was some hoopla from
> the guy who ran the client that found the key saying he wished it had been
> a Mac (it was found by an NT machine), but I don't recall anything about
> Linux.  I have been meaning to look at some of the other efforts that were

I think the bovine rc5 efforts are less about platform advocacy than
advocacy for strong encryption, which is threatened by some governments
who'd rather not let their citizens communicate with one another without
fear of eavesdropping. That's why I participate.

TL