Re: Netscape 3.01 libc5_5.4.7 crashes

The reason that netscape and a few other applications crash is because
their malloc statments are buggy.  It is not a bug in libc5.4.7, but in
netscape.  However, since this is a problem we are including the old malloc
in the libc package, and people who are going to run netscape will have a
script that will have netscape use the malloc instead of the normal one
in libc5.4.7.  However, we do want the libc5.4.7 malloc because it is so
much faster from what I have heard, and the libc5.4.7 fixes long standing
security bugs.

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter